Yes, this title is everything. Why? Because as any mommy knows whether you had your baby the naturally or you had a C Section, there is healing to be done, and obviously once the healing is done, you might still have some baby weight and you might not feel too great about yourself. Which I am guilty of. So my husband and I were having a discussion today and he said something that really made me think. So that is what I have been doing, thinking..
After you have a baby you might have body image issues, which I think is normal, I mean lets be real you just grew a human in you for 9 months. The weight gain, the puffiness, the stretch marks and so on and so forth. Below are ways to feel better about yourself postpartum.
Ways to feel better about yourself...postpartum...
1. Take care of yourself. You can take this however you want. Even though you have another human living under your roof and if your like me, and think about him/her before yourself, you need to take care of yourself first. You were given one body..take care of it.. Whether it be getting facial, getting a mani/pedi. You do you and take care of yourself.
2. Dress to Impress. This is a must.. and something I need to get better at. Whether you are just going out to the grocery store, or going out to lunch, dress to impress.. do your hair, do your make up, get in something cute. Don't be lazy. Something I am being lately.
3. Be Nice to Yourself. Easy enough. Kind of.. I say this because no one really thinks to be nice to themselves. Respect yourself and others will treat you with respect. You deserve the best. Keep thinking like that.
4. Believe in Yourself. I cannot stress enough to always believe in yourself, believe you can do better, believe that you can feel better again.
5. Counter Negative thoughts with Positive thoughts. Guilty again, I have had some negative reactions to things lately. And I need to keep telling myself it is going to be okay. You will get through this. Positive vibes only people.
6. Do something you enjoy. When you get the opportunity when your not with your Little Ones, take that time to do what you enjoy, whether it be going to the park to read a book, going to get your hair done, heck even shopping. Take that time for yourself and do something you enjoy doing.
I don't have all the right answers. But these are just a few things that I, myself need to do. Because like I said in my previous post postpartum is a thing, there are different ways women experience postpartum, and if your like me and need a boost of confidence sometimes and need reminders of how to feel better. To me these are pretty good things to go on.